So to help you run a great quiz without the extra effort of coming up with new questions, we have compiled some of the best quiz questions here for you. What's more, we have even created some quiz templates that you can download and use right away!
Just click the links below to jump right to each different category.
If you want to make your next pub quiz or games night all the more enjoyable, then see what Mentimeter's quiz maker can do for you!
Make better quizzes with MentimeterSign up
How to create a great quiz
- Decide on how many categories you want.
- Vary the categories.
- Don't make it too tough... or too long.
- Have someone count the results while you ask questions.
- Get the prizes ready.
Quiz Questions and Answers
- What country has the highest life expectancy? Hong Kong
- Where would you be if you were standing on the Spanish Steps? Rome
- Which language has the more native speakers: English or Spanish? Spanish
- What is the most common surname in the United States? Smith
- What disease commonly spread on pirate ships? Scurvy
- Who was the Ancient Greek God of the Sun? Apollo
- What was the name of the crime boss who was head of the feared Chicago Outfit? Al Capone
- What year was the United Nations established? 1945
- Who has won the most total Academy Awards? Walt Disney
- What artist has the most streams on Spotify? Drake
- How many minutes are in a full week? 10,080
- What car manufacturer had the highest revenue in 2020? Volkswagen
- How many elements are in the periodic table? 118
- What company was originally called "Cadabra"? Amazon
- How many faces does a Dodecahedron have? 12
- Queen guitarist Brian May is also an expert in what scientific field? Astrophysics
- Aureolin is a shade of what color? Yellow
- How many ghosts chase Pac-Man at the start of each game? 4
- What Renaissance artist is buried in Rome's Pantheon? Raphael
- What shoe brand makes the "Mexico 66"? Onitsuka Tiger
- What game studio makes the Red Dead Redemption series? Rockstar Games
- Who was the last Tsar of Russia? Nicholas II
- What character have both Robert Downey Jr. and Benedict Cumberbatch played? Sherlock Holmes
- What country drinks the most coffee per capita? Finland
- Which planet in the Milky Way is the hottest? Venus
- What is the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet? Delta
- What sports car company manufactures the 911? Porsche
- What city is known as "The Eternal City"? Rome
- Roald Amundsen was the first man to reach the South Pole, but where was he from? Norway
- What is the highest-rated film on IMDb as of January 1st, 2022? The Shawshank Redemption
- Who discovered that the earth revolves around the sun? Nicolaus Copernicus
- What company was initially known as "Blue Ribbon Sports"? Nike
- What art form is described as "decorative handwriting or handwritten lettering"? Calligraphy
- Which planet has the most moons? Saturn
- What country has won the most World Cups? Brazil
- Complete the following lyrics - "I should have changed that stupid lock....." I should have made you leave your key
- Kratos is the main character of what video game series? God of War
- In what country would you find Mount Kilimanjaro? Tanzania
- What is a group of pandas known as? An embarrassment
- What European country experienced the highest rate of population decline from 2015 - 2020? Lithuania
- How many bones do we have in an ear? 3
- Who famously crossed the Alps with elephants on the way to war with the Romans? Hannibal
- True or False: Halloween originated as an ancient Irish festival. True
- What Netflix show had the most streaming views in 2021? Squid Game
- Which grammy-nominated New York rapper died in April of 2021? DMX
- What software company is headquartered in Redmond, Washington? Microsoft
- What is the largest Spanish-speaking city in the world? Mexico City
- What is the world's fastest bird? The Peregrine Falcon
- In what country is the Chernobyl nuclear plant located? Ukraine
- The Parthenon Marbles are controversially located in what museum? The British Museum
To use these templates all you need to do is:
- Sign in to your Mentimeter account. If you don’t already have one, create your free account here.
- Once you’ve logged in, select the quiz template you want to use, and add it to your account. Pick any of those included here or browse our library of other templates!
- When your quiz is ready to go, press "Present", and your audience can use their smartphones to participate!
Feel free to get creative and make your own Menti quiz and add in any of the extra quiz questions we have included.
General Knowledge Quiz Questions
Time to get general and see what you know about everything from space to US Presidents.
- What is a group of crows called? A murder
- Compared to their body weight, what animal is the strongest - Dung Beetle, Elephant, Ant, or Cow? Dung Beetle
- How many dots appear on a pair of dice? 42
- Which is the only body part that is fully grown from birth? Eyes
- What is acrophobia a fear of? Flying
- In what country was Elon Musk born? South Africa
- Who performs the voice of Homer Simpson? Dan Castellaneta
- What country has the most islands? Sweden - 270,000
- In Australia what is commonly known as a Bottle-o? An off-license / Liquor Store
- How many hearts does an octopus have? 3
- December 26th is known by what names in Ireland? Saint Stephen's Day
- In what US state is the country's busiest airport located? Georgia - Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- What planet is closest to the sun? Mercury
- Where is the strongest human muscle located? Jaw
- What phone company produced the 3310? Nokia
Geography Quiz Questions
Now let's move on to the geographical. Rivers, lakes, countries, and states. Plenty of diverse questions to choose from.
- What is the only continent with land in all four hemispheres? Africa
- Which river flows through the Grand Canyon? Colorado River
- Where is Angel Falls, the world’s largest waterfall, located? Venezuela
- What is the state capital of New York? Albany
- On what continent would you find the world’s largest desert? Antarctica
- What is the capital of Ireland? Dublin
- What is the smallest US state by area? Rhode Island
- What is the tallest type of tree? Redwoods
- True or False: Holland is a region in The Netherlands? True
- What are the 5 Great Lakes? Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario
- How many European capitals does the Danube flow through? 4
- Fill in the blanks: The capital of Bulgaria is _ofi_ - Sofia
- What is the capital of Canada? Ottawa
- In what capital would you find The Little Mermaid statue? Copenhagen
- On what continent would you find the city of Baku? Asia
- What is the only flag that does not have four sides? Nepal
- How many stars are on the Chinese flag? 5
- How many colors are used in the South African flag? 6
- What colors is the flag of the United Nations? Blue and White
- Which country features a shipwreck on its national flag? Bermuda
Food and Drink Quiz Questions
Everyone's favorite pastime can provide us with a really entertaining series of questions, so let's dig in!
- How many measures of Gordon’s Gin are in a Vesper (James Bond) martini? 3
- Cacio & Pepe is a staple of what Italian city’s cuisine? Rome
- Where did sushi originate? China
- What is a Beaujolais? A type of red wine
- Which of the following sauces is NOT traditionally vegan - Hoisin, Worcestershire, Mustard, Wasabi? Worcestershire
- What is the world’s best-selling stout beer? Guinness
- What country drinks the most coffee? Finland
- What meat is used in a shepherd's pie? Lamb
- What is the difference between brandy and cognac? Cognac must come from the Cognac region of France
- Pink Ladies and Granny Smiths are types of what fruit? Apples
Sports Quiz Questions
It doesn't matter if you're a former soccer star or just a mad fan, sports is a lynchpin of all great quizzes.
- What does FIFA stand for in English? International Federation of Association Football
- Who is the world’s highest-paid athlete in 2021? Conor McGregor
- In what city is the NFL Hall of Fame located? Canton, Ohio
- Simone Biles is famous for her skill in what sport? Gymnastics
- Where does the Tour de France finish each year? Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris
- What is the difference between the skeleton and the luge? Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris
- What was the first name of Argentinian soccer star Maradona? Diego
- What height is a regulation NBA basket? 10 feet / 3.02 meters
- What is the national sport of Japan? Sumo Wrestling
- What sporting event has a strict dress code of all-white? Wimbledon
Disney Quiz Questions
Iconic movies and memorable characters. So much great trivia to choose from!
- Where is Disney's European theme park located? Paris, France
- Which Disney movie has had the most sequels? Toy Story (4)
- 'I'll Make a Man Out of You' is a song from which movie? Mulan
- What character have both Glen Close and Emma Stone played? Cruella de Vil
- Who was the first Disney princess? Snow White
- What color are Mickey Mouse's shoes? Yellow
- Scuttle stars in which movie? The Little Mermaid
- What year was Cinderella released? 1950
- Mickey Mouse was originally named what? Mortimer Mouse
- How many 'Academy Awards for Best Original Song' has Disney won? 14
So there you have it. Over 100 Quiz Questions!
We hope you learned something and that you found plenty of questions you can add to your very own games night! But why stop there? Great questions are just the first step to an entertaining quiz; a fun and interactive way to play will really take it to the next level.
Luckily, we have just the tool!
Make better quizzes with MentimeterSign up
Notify me about new blog posts