What is needed to run Mentimeter?
For you to get the best possible experience when using Mentimeter, this page lists our specific requirements. Before reading further, please do this self check to see if your browser and network can run Mentimeter. If the test fails, make sure to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are running Mentimeter on a company network, security settings can sometimes limit the use of some features. The below configurations are crucial for Mentimeter to work. Please send the following information to your local IT support if you are experiencing issues:
1. Ports 443 are required to be open for the following hosts:
2. Your browser and network need to support WebSockets over HTTPS on the following domains:
To get the maximum value when presenting with Mentimeter, the following configurations are recommended. However, they are not crucial for the tool to work.
|Domain to whitelist||Function|
|images.unsplash.com||Image uploading from Unsplash image library in presentations|
|*.giphy.com||Gif uploading from Giphy gif library in presentations|
|api.rollbar.com||Error reporting service for easier customer browser debugging|
Mentimeter's platform is designed for a large number of participants. Problems occuring are usually related to the presentation venue's local network restrictions. The following table shows the minimum bandwidth requirements based on the number of participants you are expecting.
Note: For larger crowds it is strongly recommended that you also check with the local IT technician that the WiFi can support the expected number of participants at the same time.
|Number of participants||Recommended bandwidth|
You can check the bandwidth of your location using SpeedTest or a similar service.
In addition to making sure the network is suitable for the number of participants you are expecting, there are some general tips that can help you make your presentation run smoothly without technical interruptions.
• Your presentation computer should have a stable separate internet connection, preferable a wired LAN connection or a separate 3G/4G internet Dongle
• Make sure you have the correct cables to connect your presentation computer to the projector and internet
• Verify your setup at the location before the presentation starts
It is recommended to use a desktop computer for the presenter and handheld devices for the voters. Click here to find out what browser you are using.
To create presentations and show questions.
• Chrome version 52.0 or later (get the latest version)
• Firefox version 52 or later (get the latest version)
• Safari version 9.0 or later (get the latest version)
• Internet Explorer version 11 or later (get the latest version)
• Edge version 15 or later (get the latest version by updating Windows 10)
Mentimeter is optimal for 16:8 - 16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen), but supports common projector formats such as 4:3 (square) as well.
Same requirements as for a presenter, but also including:
• Android 5.0 or later
• Windows Phone 8.0 or later
• iOS 7.0 or later
• Chromebook 59 or later