This page specifies what is required to run Mentimeter.
Mentimeter's platform is designed for a large number of participants. If any problems occur it is usually related to local network restrictions at the venue of the presentation. Following table shows minimum bandwidth requirements for the amount of participants you are expecting.
Note: For larger crowds it is strongly recommended that you also check with the local IT technician that the WiFi can support the expected amount of participants at the same time.
|Participant Amount||Recommended bandwidth|
You can check the bandbwidth of your location using SpeedTest or a similar service.
Note: For Quiz there is a limit for how many player avatars can be shown on the presentation screen at once (75 avatars), but no limitations in number of players.
If you are running Mentimeter on a company network, security settings can sometimes limit the use of some features in Mentimeter. Please inform send the following information to your local IT support if you are experiencing issues:
Ports 80 and 443 are required to be open for the following hosts:
It is also required that your browser and network supports WebSockets over Https.
General tips at larger events
In addition to making sure the network is suitable for the amount of participants you are expecting, there are some general tips that can help you make your presentation run smoothly without technical interruptions.
- Your presentation computer should have a stable separate internet connection, preferable a wired LAN connection or a separate 3G/4G internet Dongle
- Make sure you have the correct cables to connect your presentation computer to the projector and internet
- Verify your setup at the location before the presentation starts
Can I run Mentimeter?
Supported browsers and devices
It is recommended to use a desktop computer for the presenter and handheld devices for the voters. Click here find out what browser you are using.
To create presentations and show questions.
- Chrome version 43.0 or later (get the latest version)
- Firefox version 38 or later (get the latest version)
- Safari version 7.0 or later (get the latest version)
- Internet Explorer version 10 or later (get the latest version)
Mentimeter is optimal for 16:8 - 16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen), but supports common projector formats such as 4:3 (square) as well.
Same requirements as for a presenter, but also including
- Android 4.0 or later
- Windows Phone 8.0 or later
- iOS 7.0 or later