Winter is coming! Why not challenge your co-workers with this winter themed quiz?
Once logged into your account simply click ‘Get template’ and then the green check mark. This template will appear in your presentations and will be ready to use right away.
Not to worry if you don’t have an account yet because all the fun is just a few clicks and a little bit of typing away. Creating a Menti account is just as quick and easy as downloading the template.
Now if you are a paid Mentimeter user you can edit this template from the color scheme to the questions and even include some fun facts of your own. Free users can use the quiz as we have made it and, of course, everyone can use the extra trivia questions below.
As the semester is drawing to a close, you may want to bring some festive activities into the classroom or have some fun with your students. Play this quiz with students who can join via their smartphones to win a festive prize! A great exercise for the end of the school semester.
Or, use the Winter Quiz at a work Christmas party or at an event to get everybody in the mood for the holidays. Introduce an incentive or prize for the winner for an enjoyable experience.
The temperature has dipped, the heavy coat is now a daily necessity, gloves, hats and scarves are the most important accessories. That’s right… it’s Winter time. My personal favorite time of the year deserves plenty of good trivia questions.
1) What months are considered winter in the southern hemisphere?
2) What country has a town that gets no sunlight during the Polar Night?
3) Where were the first Winter Olympics held?
4) Who wrote the play ‘A Winter’s Tale’?
5) How many sides does a snowflake have?
6) What Winter Olympics sport combines both cross-country skiing and shooting?
7) Which of the following holidays does not occur in Winter?
8) For how many months will the average grizzly bear hibernate?
9) What city is home to the world’s largest New Year’s Eve party?
10) The word winter comes from what language family?
11) What famous London location hosts an annual ‘Winter Wonderland’?
12) What material is most often used to grit / thaw roads?
13) In what decade was the first snowmobile built?
14) What is the name of the Stark’s ancestral home in Game of Thrones?
15) What country has received the most snowfall in the 21st century?
16) True or False: You can get sunburn from snow.
17) In what country is the world’s largest ski resort?
18) What name is commonly used for a snowstorm with winds of over 56km/h?
19) Which zodiac sign runs from November 22 to December 21?
20) What European city is home to the Winter Palace?
1) June to September
4) William Shakespeare
7) Canadian Thanksgiving
8) 5-7 months
9) Rio de Janeiro
11) Hyde Park
18) A blizzard
20) Saint Petersburg