Can't get enough of capital cities? Love trivia about continents? Know every fact and figure about our rivers, oceans and forests? Well, we here at Mentimeter want you to dust off the maps, spin the globe and see if you and your audience can handle our Geography Quiz.
To join this quiz all your students need to do is simply enter the voting code - located at the top of the presentation - or scan the QR link. Then they can vote from their smartphones or any other internet device.
Downloading the template is just as easy as it only takes one click! While signed into your account all you have to do is hit ‘Get template’ and bingo. If you need to sign up first don’t worry because that process only takes a few extra clicks and a little typing.
Mentimeter users with a paid account can edit this template to their heart's content. Feel free to edit questions, themes, images and options. Free users can of course still access this template and use all of the Quiz Questions we have at the bottom of this page.
If you’re in need of even more Geography quiz questions then have no fear we have you covered! Use these in a pop quiz, exam or even better - make them part of your next Menti presentation and make them interactive.
1. Which of these is defined as ‘a piece of land that is almost entirely surrounded by water but is connected to the mainland on one side’?
2. What is thought to be the world’s oldest volcano?
3. What country has the longest total coastline (including mainland and offshore islands)?
4. Which of these countries is NOT in Africa?
5. Which of these countries is the most densely populated?
6. How many tectonic plates does the Earth have?
7. What US state is the most sparsely populated?
8. Canberra is the capital city of what country?
9. When does magma become lava?
10. Which of these languages is the most spoken (native speakers only)?
11. What is the only continent with land in all four hemispheres?
12. Which river flows through the Grand Canyon?
13. Where is Angel Falls, the world’s largest waterfall, located?
14. What is the state capital of New York?
15. On what continent would you find the world’s largest desert?
16. What is the capital of Ireland?
17. What is the smallest US state by area?
18. What is the tallest type of tree?
19. True or False: Holland is a region in The Netherlands?
20. What are the 5 Great Lakes?
2. Mount Etna
9. When it reaches the surface
12. Colorado River
17. Rhode Island
20. Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie and Ontario