Multiple Choice Geography Questions
Patagonia is part of what two countries?
- Chile and Argentina
- Brazil and Argentina
- Chile and Peru
Which country is known as the Hexagon?
Sofia is the capital of what country?
What animal is the emblem of Canada?
What country refers to themselves as ‘Kiwis’?
- South Africa
- New Zealand
Where would you find Loch Ness?
Which of these is defined as ‘a piece of land that is almost entirely surrounded by water but is connected to the mainland on one side’?
What is thought to be the world’s oldest volcano?
How many tectonic plates does the Earth have?
Which country’s flag contains an image of the country?
Multiple Choice History Questions
Where was Julius Caesar killed?
- The Theater of Pompey
- Circus Maximus
- The Roman Forum
Which Emperor built the Colosseum?
The Elgin Marbles were taken from which building?
- The Parthenon
- The Temple of Zeus at Olympia
- Temple of Apollo at Delphi
What was New York’s original name?
- New Holland
- New Rotterdam
- New Amsterdam
Which former President does NOT appear on both a US coin AND banknote?
- George Washington
- Benjamin Franklin
- Abraham Lincoln
The Invasion of Normandy was known by what codename?
- Operation Overlord
- Operation Overwatch
- Operation Barbarossa
What was Michelangelo’s last name?
The Louisiana Purchase took place in what year?
Which of the following was NOT Greek?
In Japanese history, what was a Rōnin?
- A banished Samurai
- A young Samurai
- A Samurai with no lord or master
- What Japanese player has the most career MLB hits? Ichiro Suzuki
- Who is the current Commissioner of the NFL? Roger Goodell
- In what country is the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee located? Switzerland
- What baseball player was known as ‘The Captain’? Derek Jeter
- Name two clubs Cristiano Ronalod has played for? Manchester United, Sporting Lisbon, Juventus, Real Madrid
- What team was sanctioned for it’s sign stealing scandal during the 2017 and 2018 seasons? Houston Astros
- Which NFL team is a publicly traded non-profit company with 360,000+ shareholders? Green Bay Packers
- Which NBA team’s logo is shaped like a musical note? Utah Jazz
- What NBA team plays in Washington DC? The Wizards
- How many NBA teams are there today? 30
- How many times have the Olympics been cancelled? 3 times
- Which sprinter was famously stripped of his 100m gold medal at the 1988 Seoul Olympics? Ben Johnson
- How big are the two boxes that make up the penalty area? 6 yards & 18 yards
- True or False: A wall must be 12 yards back from the ball when a free kick is to be taken? False - It’s only 10 yards
- What number did NFL legend Dan Marino wear during his career? 13
Movies & TV Trivia
- What King refused to throw the One Ring into Mount Doom? Isildur
- Who is the King of Rohan? Théoden
- What is the name of Saruman’s sidekick / assistant? Grima Wormtongue
- What is Lord Voldemort’s real name? Tom (Marvolo) Riddle
- Name all of the Deathly Hallows. Cloak of Invisibility, Resurrection Stone, Elder Wand
- What is Jamie Lannisters nickname? Kingslayer
- Hagrid’s pet spider was known by what name? Aragog
- What is Loki the God of? Mischief
- How many Infinity Stones are there? 6
- Who is the youngest Avenger? Spider-Man
- Who is the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Nick Fury
- Correctly spell the name of Thor’s hammer. Mjölnir
- Name 1 of Daenerys Targaryen’s dragons. Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion
- What is the name of Jon’s direwolf? Ghost
- Who said “A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone”? Tyrion Lannister
Random Trivia Questions
- What is the capital of Canada? Ottawa
- In what capital would you find The Little Mermaid statue? Copenhagen
- On what continent would you find the city of Baku? Asia
- What Killers song has been in the U|K charts for over 260 weeks since its release back in 2004? Mr. Brightside
- What is the name of the world’s largest music streaming service? Spotify
- Who recorded the Christmas hit ‘Last Christmas’? Wham!
- What is the function of the cornea? Helps the eye focus
- What is this loss of water by plants called? Transpiration
- What is the largest vein in the body? Great Saphenous Vein
- The Union Jack is the flag of what state? The United Kingdom