Use this Mentimeter Chemistry Quiz template in your next Chemistry class, or have a look at Chemistry trivia below.
Students can join your presentation simply entering the voting code at the top of the presentation, scanning the QR link, or follow along and vote. They can vote using their smartphones or any other internet device, meaning they can join from anywhere. Start the quiz and see who tops the leaderboard.
Paid Mentimeter users will be able to edit this template by adding questions, changing options, and using a different theme. All of our free users can still use the template as we have made it and anyone can use all of the quiz questions below as inspiration for their next Chemistry lesson.
If you were looking for more questions and ideas well then we have some good news for you! We have plenty of multiple choice and short answer questions here for your students and your next quiz.
1. Which of the following is NOT a group on the periodic table?
2. What is the chemical formula for glucose?
3. Which of the following is NOT TRUE of a catalyst?
4. Which of the following is a strong acid?
5. Which of these is a physical property of alkali metals?
6. The presence of what can cause hardness of water?
7. What does the conservation of energy state?
8. Who performed the first oil drop experiment?
9. How many Diatomic elements are there?
10. What is the SI unit of temperature?
11. Name the process which decomposes a substance when electric current is passed through it.
12. What did a mass spectrometer help discover?
13. The kinetic theory of matter states that ___ _____ consists of many, very _____ particles which are ______ moving or in a ______ of motion.
14. True or False: Sublimation is the conversion between the solid and the gaseous phases of matter, with no intermediate liquid stage.
15. What is the heaviest gas?
16. What are the electrons in the outer shell of an atom called?
17. What is the difference between a cation and an anion?
18. What are the two types of mixtures?.
19. True or False: Matter is anything that takes up space and has mass.
20. What is the most abundant element in the universe?
1. Pre-transition metal
3. It is consumed during a chemical reaction
4. Sulfuric acid
7. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed
8. Robert Millikan
13. That all matter consists of many, very small particles which are constantly moving or in a continual state of motion
16. Valence electrons
17. Cations have a positive charge and anions have a negative charge
18. Homogeneous and heterogeneous