A few weeks ago we launched the Mentimeter Creator project to improve our understanding of how people use Mentimeter around the world.
As a part of the project we performed a series of interviews with some of our most active users. One of the things they stress is the benefit they experience by not having to install any software in order to make use of the full potential of Mentimeter.
In just a few minutes, you can set up your Mentimeter account and start polling your students. Mentimeter works in the browser of your computer and therefore there is no need to get extra software or invest in expensive hardware.
Other discomforts professors using Mentimeter avoid:
- Since Mentimeter can be used on any phone or computer with an Internet connection, you avoid the discomfort of having to carry heavy hardware to the classroom
- Mentimeter shows a counter on how many responses have been submitted, you don’t have to feel the discomfort of not knowing when everyone has submitted their answer
- Since Mentimeter is used through the smartphone, you avoid the discomfort of not knowing what your students are doing on their phone whilst you have your lecture
- Since Mentimeter can be used anonymously, your students avoid the discomfort of suggesting the wrong answer to a question
- Mentimeter is simple to use, you avoid spending countless hours explaining how it should be used
- Since Mentimeter gives you the opportunity to run spot quizzes and formative assessments, you avoid the discomfort of not knowing if your students are learning or not
- Mentimeter gives you the ability to poll your students, hence you avoid the discomfort of not knowing if your lecture mattered
Get started with Mentimeter
You can use Mentimeter for free for as long as you’d like, no credit card is needed to get started!
Start setting up your account by signing up here.
Notify me about new blog posts