How to play trivia
- Decide on how many categories you want.
- Vary the categories.
- Don't make it too tough
- Have someone count the results while you ask questions..
- Get the prizes ready.
How to use these templates
- Sign into you Mentimeter account. If you don’t already have one, create your free account here.
- Once you’ve logged in, select the question you want to use, and add it to your account. Here you can pick and mix questions in order to create your own custom quiz. You can also add your own questions as desired!
- When your quiz is ready to go, press "Present", and your audience can use their smartphones to participate!
Click the question to access the Mentimeter template.
General Knowledge Quiz Questions
Time to get general and see what you know about everything from space to US Presidents.
- What was president Harry S Truman's middle name? Answer: S
- Who composed the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3? Answer: Michael Jackson
- Name the seventh planet from the sun. Answer: Uranus
- What is a baby goat called? Answer: A Kid
- Who was the first Western explorer to reach China? Answer: Marco Polo
- What is the world's longest river? Answer: The Nile
- What is the criteria for an "ultra marathon"? Answer: Any distance more than a marathon
- Who won the Eurovision Song Contest 2017? Answer: Portugal
- Which European country eats the most chocolate per capita? Answer: Switzerland
- True or False: Pillow fighting is a recognized sport in Canada Answer: True
- What is it called when a bottle of champagne is open with a sword? Answer: Sabering
- What are the two most economically important varieties of coffee plant? Answer: Arabica and Robusta
- Which Swedish word beginning is a term for a buffet style meal? Answer: Smörgåsbord
- What material is covered by copyright laws? Answer: All created material realised in physical or digital form
- What is the diameter of Earth? Answer: 12742
- What is the official language of Brazil? Answer: Portuguese
- What is Bob Dylan's real name? Answer: Robert Zimmerman
- What is the Roman numeral for 1000? Answer: M
- Why are the colors of the olympic flag yellow, green, red, black and blue? Answer: Min. one of those colors appears in every flag in the world
- What color is the ‘black box’ in an aeroplane? Answer: Orange
Geography Quiz Questions
Now let's more on to the geographical. Rivers, lakes, countries and states. Plenty of diverse questions to choose from.
- Which is the only American state to begin with the letter 'p'? Answer: Pennsylvania
- Name the world's largest ocean. Answer: Pacific
- Where would you find the world's most ancient forest? Answer: Daintree Forest north of Cairns, Australia.
- What is the capital city of Spain? Answer: Madrid
- Which country is Prague in? Answer: Czech Republic
- Where can you find the world's highest mountain - Mount Everest? Answer: Asia
- What is the smallest country in the world at only 0.44 sq.km? Answer: Vatican City
- What is the world's biggest island? Answer: Greenland
- Geographically, what is the biggest country in the world? Answer: Russia
- What is the Capital city of Australia? Answer: Canberra
- What is the Capital city of Kenya? Answer: Nairobi
- What is the capital city of Sweden? Answer: Stockholm
- Which is the Capital city of Indonesia? Answer: Jakarta
- What is the Capital city of The Netherlands? Answer: Amsterdam
- What is the longest river in France? Answer: Loire
Food and Drink Trivia
Everyone's favorite pastime can provide us with a really entertaining series of questions, so let's dig in!
- Who said this? 'Champagne should be dry, cold, and free' Answer: Winston Churchil
- From which country does Gouda cheese originate? Answer: The Netherlands
- "Farfalle" is a popular pasta variety from Italy. What does the word mean? Answer: Butterfly
- What chemical stubstastances can be found in chocolate? Answer: Seratonin and Antioxidants
- What is white chocolate made from? Answer: It is chocolate made with only the cocoa butter
- What are the two components you get from pressing the cocoa beans? Answer: Cocoa powder and Cocoa butter
- How many times per year are the cocoa beans being harvested? Answer: Twice per year
- Suitable with tea, what is the name of this product roughly translated to 'twice cooked'? Answer: Biscuit
- What flower does saffron come from? Answer: Crocus
- What flavour is Cointreau? Answer: Orange
It doesn't matter if you're a former soccer star or just a mad fan, sports is a lynchpin of all great quizzes.
- What does KO stand for in MMA sports? Answer: Knockout
- What is the most common color uniform worn by competitors in a fencing tournament? Answer: White
- What is famous footballer Ibrahimovic's first name? Answer: Zlatan
- True or false, pillow fighting is a recognized sport in Canada? Answer: True
- In what country could you compete in a "wife carry race"? Answer: Finland
- What is the small wooden ball called in petanque/boules? Answer: Cochonnet (= "Piglet")
- What is the highest score you can reach in 10 pin bowling? Answer: 300
- What sport has been played on the moon? Answer: Golf
- How many dimples does the average golf ball have? Answer: 336
- Which country was the host nation for the 1966 World Championship in football for men? Answer: England
Notify me about new blog posts